Here we go again with the lists, but I can’t help myself. I was having a conversation (IM) with your boy Jackpot and we were going back and forth on who gives the best interviews, inspired by none other than Jim Jones, who was my most recent interview on Behind The Grind which we put on Global Grind last week. So we came up with a list of the most entertaining interviews in hip hop. We agreed on the first 3, but then went off on our own for the last two. here they are.
1. 50 Cent – no one entertains us more than 50 during his interviews. We are not sure whether this is a brilliantly structured deliberate publicity move on his part and that of his team, or just downright foolishness when the camera light goes on. We are leaning more towards the former, because we know that 50 is that calculated with his career. Either way, it makes for a helluva show, whether it’s a 5-min internet clip he throws up on thisis50.com or a 30-minute sit down with MTV. We luhs it.
2. Kanye West – Kanye is also a great interview. Although he doesn’t do them as much, we wish he’d spare us the internet written bloggin and go full speed ahead with the all-out videos. Just imagine how much fun it’d be to watch Kanye do the vblogs a la Diddy. In the middle of the video, he’d straight spazz on himself and break his own computer.
3. Jim Jones – Unlike 50, we are all going to vote that Jim Jones’ on camera tactics are not deliberate, but rather unintentionally comical. It’s his animated delivery, his Jimm-er-ish speech and disregard for subject matter that we love the most. He is one of the very few interviews where you never know what you’re gonna get but can pretty much bank on the fact that you’re gonna get something good. I love that he will dis anybody anywhere and not give a fidduck.
4. Khia – I’m not sure if Khia has actually ever been interviewed, or if she has only really interviewed herself, but either way, I love to watch her talk about nothing. Even in the longest of clips, she manages to entertain us with her blatant disregard for industry politics and ghetto-fied drama.
5. Yung Berg – (I thought about giving this last spot to a former employer whose name I’ll neglect to mention, but then I realized he really isn’t that good at anything, even if he is delusional and entertains during his interviews by making most of it up). So I easily crowned Yung Berg with this achievement because how can such a newbie in the game get so much attention in such a short amount of time. A great interview, that’s how. He says the most outlandish stuff, so much so that i even thought of rating each of the artists in this lists with “dark butts.” 5 dark butts for a good interview, 1 dark butt for a bad one. You get the hint.
An honorary mention goes to Snoop Dogg, who I haven’t seen interviewed in quite a while, but is always a good one, nonetheless.
9 thoughts on “Hip-Hop’s Top 5 Most Entertaining Interviews To Watch”
Yo whatever Khia do is mad funny!! On her blogs she spazzes out on everbody from Jackie-O to the chick Buckey from Falvor of Love lol. She def need her on reality show haha
You hate him, but he’s pretty funny to me…Don’t die when I say Fat Joe…urrhh…sorry!
While 50 deliberately uses camera time for publicity, Jim Jones seemingly buys a bottle of wine from Cam’s liquor store before every interview. He’s definitely one of the guys to sit near at a bar(becue) for a laugh.
Sounds great to me BTHIWDK
close 6th–lil jon
imma have to add Bow Wow as an honorable mention. dude says some pretty outlandish stuff too…and Polow da Don but he doesn’t do that many interviews.
LOVE THE SITE
THE NEW A.T.W: D.A.R.E MIXTAPE: http://www. zshare. net/download/16517614029b0f75/
…ANY FEEDBACK IS GOOD FEEDBACK…
DARE TO SAY NO TO WACK RAPS AND WACK RAPPERS
Jim Jones is a fuckin hater!you sayin he will diss anybody?not true.he kisses 50 Cents ass.dude only goes for”safe” artist like Nas and Jay(he knows they are beyond responding to his shit).beef is lame,why do u respect that shit?